Field Notes Software Module
The E4 Field Notes software module is typically used in conjunction with the E4 Field Notes service, but can also be used by customers who contract with other organizations for field inspections or do inspections themselves.
The E4 Field Notes module provides an easy-to-use framework for recording a wide variety of field observations—invasive grasses, insects, diseases, weather damage, crop deficiencies, and more. Apples-to-apples comparisons of observations made over multiple trips to a field (e.g., pre- and post-pesticide application) allow customers to clearly and precisely measure the advancement or suppression of problems. Photos and audio recordings can also be uploaded and made part of the inspection record.
All functionality is designed for efficient use on portable computers and touch-based tablets so that customers can record observations directly at the time of inspection.
How It Works
- Customers contracting with E4 can work-order field inspections via the E4 Crop Intelligence system. Alternatively, growers can contract with other inspectors, or do the inspections themselves.
- Observations can be entered directly into the software module on a portable computer or tablet. Alternatively, inspectors can keep notes and record their observations later. Photos and audio recordings may also be uploaded and made part of the inspection record.
- Inspectors don’t have to start every inspection record from scratch. Observations made previously in the same field or in other fields can be duplicated, then modified (this is especially convenient when an inspector is observing two adjacent fields with many of the same issues).
- Once field observations have been recorded, the system automatically alerts growers of pressing issues—insect infestations, spreading diseases, etc.
- All observation data is stored securely in the Data Bank module, retrievable by
Key Features & Benefits
Proven Methodology: E4’s expertise and experience with crop inspection is reflected in the design of the E4 Field Notes module. When observations are properly and consistently recorded with the right amount of detail and documentation, growers are able to make informed decisions, take action, and spend resources wisely.
Visual Representations: The E4 Field Notes module allows customers to locate their observations visually on a digital field map, and to supplement written observations with photos. This makes for a complete inspection record so that weeks or months or even years down the road, the system can report precisely what observations were made and where.